【動画で英会話】Hip トーク LA #11:「Sports」
- A good sport – 潔い人、負けても嫌な事があっても文句を言わない人
- He lost the tennis match but he was a good sport. He shook his opponents hand after the game.
- In the same boat – 同じ境遇・環境にある
- You’re studying English? Me too! We’re in the same boat!
- Get the ball rolling – 物事を始める、軌道に乗せる
- Let’s get the ball rolling. Let’s get this business off the ground.
- On the ball – 有能な人、抜け目が無い人
- Mike is a great boss. He communicates with his employees and is a great leader. He is on the ball.
- Right off the bat – すぐに、直ちに
- I knew we would get along right off the bat.